Friday, August 17, 2018

A Speedboat is My Chariot



I have been wanting to go out on a boat. I even said a few times, "For Pete's sake, I'm in a fishing village right on a harbour and I still haven't been on a boat!? This is ridiculous." I must've Law of Attraction-ed myself into that reality because I said this to my amazing friend Lizzy and she responded by giving me an invite to go out with her on her friend's boat. Lizzy is the epitome of happiness, positivity and fun! She's a travel agent and she needed to write a blog post about her experience. So yesterday we met up and walked over to the harbour. We get there just as they are about to depart. We get our life jackets on and I was so excited until I looked down at the boat, Bouncin' Betty is her name aka The Mevagissey Missile. You see, it was the guy who does the rides around the bay in a speed boat! Now believe me when I say I love speed. But since I hurt my spine, which took about 10 years to heal, I am very cautious about testing my limits. So with great disappointment for us both, I declined. Lizzy walked down the stairs and looked back, wishing I would come. She gets on board and a few minutes later the captain yells up to me, "You've got a bad back? I've got  4 damaged disks. The sea is calm today. I promise you'll be fine." My mind said uhhh, no. But my gut said do it!! Do it now!


There was no time to go back and forth weighing options like the 2 of pentacles, I felt the impulse as Abraham-Hicks would advise and went with it. The captain, Jeremy, was kind enough to let me sit next to him. Oh my god it was fan-damn-tastic! We went slid out of the harbour and out into the open water and it was a feeling of pure freedom and bliss! My go to song for situations like this  from the soundtrack of my mind started playing full blast in my head as Motley Crue screamed "when I get high I get high on speed, custom built bike doing 103, my heart, my heart, kickstart my heart!" We didn't get to 103, but we did get to 90mph and it was freaking amazing! Wind whipping through my hair, as we sliced through the water, sliding past the Cornish coastline. A few minutes into the ride Jer leaned over and asked if I was ok and I asked if we could just keep going out to sea because I didn't want to go back! What a rush! I can't wait to go back again! 15 minutes of heaven!




*this post brought to you by the 2 of pents, Knight of Wands, and the Chariot from the Tarot of Pagan Cats, published by LoScarabeo 

** Mevegissey Rib Ride with Captain Jeremy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...