Wednesday, September 19, 2012

F&F Bontanica

Untitled
Last week I had to opportunity to go F & F Botanica and I am so glad I finally made it. A botanica is a spiritual store where one can get supplies for voodoo, santeria and witch rituals. I hadn't been since before Katrina, or as we say here, "before The Storm" and I am so glad to know that it is still here. The owner Felix is such a lovely gentleman, so knowledgable and so hospitable. I went to get some supplies for a ritual to the Orisha Yemaya because she is the spirit who I called upon to found my beloved new apartment I have in The Quarter. Going to the botanica is kinda like going to the MAC store. You can spend a lot of hours and a lot of dollars quite easily because you will want everything you see. There are so many beautiful statues to the various saints and lwa (spirits in the Hatian voodoo tradition), and Orishas (spirits in the Youban tradition). There are soaps, incense, and more candles than I've ever seen anywhere.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
/>So tonight I decided to ask the tarot what was the hidden treasure I found by going to F&F and I used my newly trimmed Robin Wood tarot with my rockstar reading.

Lead Singer - 7 of Cups - I am expanding my spirituality by learning about voodoo. It has been so widely misunderstood due to being vilified by the media and explained from the perspective of outsiders. It is also clearly representing the 7 Orishas
Back up #1 - The Hermit IV - I love being a witch. The aspect of it that I do not like is the lack of a sense of community. I think the option to be a solitary is great! But I have missed having others around me to interact with. The path of my spiritual journey has been what has sustained me through MANY an uphill battle and shone me the light that shines from within my spirit that it took me about 40 years to be able too see.

Back up #2 - Death  XIII - most interesting that both are hooded figures. To me a hood represents wisdom that must be protected and shared in a very responsible manner. Clearly one can see how this applies to the practice of voodoo.
Death is about massive change that segways into a new way of life, and damn if I ain't had a whole hell of a lot of that. I am so excited about the transformations that are taking place and the rebirth I have gone through as of late. Going to the botanica reminded me that my spiritual path is the most sacred aspect of my life. I have to make my own way and make no apologies to anyone for what is the natural course of things just because they may not understand or be comfortable with it.
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're finding your spiritual inspiration again! And despite being solitary, these days there are a lot of ways to connect, even if it isn't an official coven. Will look forward to reading more about voodoo and anything else on your spiritual path you care to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe a great amount of thanks to you my friend. Your encouraging words and support meant and still mean the world to me. You were kind to me when things were pretty dark for me. I have my beautiful card just above the alter in the picture. There are ways to connect and I am so glad I've formed a connection with you. <3

    xoxox
    K-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...