I hate vegetables. I'm 41 and it's still a fight for me to eat veg. But this past Saturday I participated in a wonderful Spirit party (which I shall post about soon) and after an event that powerful and having readings back to back today I needed to ground myself. So last night I used my crockpot for the first time and made a wonderful stew full of root vegetables and beef, things that we earth signs need. I am calling it "Queen of Pentacles Stew".
I found a wonderful blog that explains the correlation between certain foods and each zodiac sign.
Here are the ingredients I used and some of the nutritive value of each:
- Celery - The particular vitamin C in celery helps reduce cholesterol.
- Onions - Good for hair, skin, and nails, loosens phlegm, and reducing HPB
- Carrots - Great for prevention of cancers
- Yucca- Rich in iron and calcium and good anti-inflammatory
- Beef - Source of protein, zinc, B vitamins, and selenium