Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bee-ing Prosperous With Mamma Oshun

One of the African spirits I honor is Oshun. She is the Orisha of love, happiness, sensuality and prosperity. Her colors are yellow, green, gold, and orange. Sacred items to her include: pumpkins, sunflowers, the sun, oranges, honey, cinnamon. Animals sacred to her include bees and peacocks. She is the "sweet water", the rivers. I have gone down to the banks of the Mighty Misissippi to give thanks to her for favors granted. On my personal altar to her I have several things that either I thought she'd like or that she asked me for. I love how the candlelight illuminates the amber and green calcite. I keep money that has her sacred oil on it to ask that when I put it in my wallet and then spend it more will be drawn back to me. I give her thanks and say that I know that the money I spend enriches the lives of others and comes back to me multiplied. I've noticed this has really helped with relationship with money and seeing it as an energy exchange, thus helping to release the fear of the lack of it.

*my personal altar to Oshun*

 

One night last week while doing cards on The Square, my friend Jewel (another reader) and I stared singing one of her songs. It was a kinda slow night and money was scarce. Within about 15 minutes I had my first reading of the night. Very shortly thereafter so did another friend. We both went home quite pleased and grateful. The next night Jewel set up my table for me. When I sat down I saw something that amazed us both. On the lip of one of my candles was a honey bee! She seemed like she was unwell and needing to rest to regain her strength. I got to my setup at about 5:30 and left at about 01:00. I even carried the candle home and that bee stayed with me! I gave her a tiny drop of some delicious German honey, said a prayer of thanks to Mamma Oshun and left the candle outside in my courtyard so she could find some flowers. The last time I checked at about 04:00 thshe was, but the next day she was gone. This week I found 3 bees in my house buzzing around in the kitchen, one in the bathroom.

 

I associate her with the Queen of Wands in tarot. Call on her for help when working with the sacral, solar plexus and heart chakras. She will help you to create most anything you want, including financial abundance, art, music, inspiration, joy and passion for life itself.

 

Here is a beautiful song for Oshun

 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely! This is such a great approach to improve your relationship with money. And I love to see so many bees :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed a difference and her energy is such a joyful one

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing, Krysten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post - loved your story and the synchronicities with the bees - amazing :) Wonderful stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx Monica, so great to hear from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, and I love the Queen of Wands card - which deck is it from? Good to know also that the bee recovered from German honey ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the Robin Wood, right Krysten? Ah yes, good German honey ;)

      Delete
    2. Hey Christiane, thx for stopping by! And Chloe called it, it's my cropped Robin Wood deck. And isn't German honey just the best! I just eat it off the spoon sometimes, much like I do with Nutella lol!

      Delete
    3. Good old Nutella lol! I grew up on that including German honey ;) And you sold the Robin Wood deck to me with that Queen of Wands...just ordered it, and it will be cropped as soon as I get it ;)

      Delete
    4. Oh wow, fantastic! I can't wait to hear how you like it and see it cropped. I'll Tweet a picture to you of what it looks like now lol! It is SO used but still going strong. I love the vibrancy of the colors in it and the High Priestess is so nice. She is my overall favorite card in tarot in general. I've had to get past not buying certain decks if I didn't like her or The Moon lol!

      Delete
    5. And if I ever did a tarot deck, in order to reflect the positive aspects of The Devil, I'd have to have Nutella pictured somewhere on the card lol!

      Delete
  6. Miss Krysten! I enjoyed your post! Very wonderful the blessings you received from OSHUN <3 I realize that I have to have a better relationship with money as I too think of the lack of money. I love your altars!!! I still need to create one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Stephanie! I can't wait to see your altars! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to know it was of benefit to you Makalani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Bees are precious -- love to you for honoring them and the divine elixir they produce. I also love what you wrote about viewing money as an energy exchange. I guess that is why it is called currency! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by and I'm so glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  10. I so enjoy hearing about my mother she is so inspiring and it's so wonderful to have her for a mother I love her so much

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...